- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links to external sites open in new windows.
- Wherever possible, links are written to make sense out of context. Many browsers (such as JAWS, Home Page Reader, Lynx, and Opera) can extract the list of links on a page and allow the user to browse the list, separately from the page.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- Complex images include LONGDESC attributes or inline descriptions to explain the significance of each image to non-visual readers.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified “text size” option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- Effort has been taken to maintain high background-foreground contrast at all times.
- All forms follow a logical Tab sequence.
- Labels are associated with fields using HTML label tags.
- This site makes use of scripting for visual effects. However, all content remains fully accessible if scripting is unavailable.
All pages use structured semantic markup. If you find any accessibility problems with our site, please contact us and we will do our best to fix them.
Disability Discrimination Act
To the best of our knowledge this site complies with the requirements of the British Disability Discrimination Act (DDA). If you require any assistance in reading or understanding this information please contact us.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is sent from the website to your computer. It contains information about you as a user on the website to personalise your experience. For example, to determine if you are a registered user and, if so, allow you access to registration protected areas of the site or the correct user profile.
Session cookies are only stored for the duration of your visit to the website and will be removed when the browser window is closed. For example, when you close your browser window the relevant authentication cookie is removed and you will need to login again the next time you visit the website.
Permanent cookies are stored for a period of time and are used to identify you when you return to the site. For example, your username may be remembered on the login page.
Registration and Login
Actions such as Registration and Login require cookies. If you register or login to the site, you will override your preference not to accept cookies.
First Party Cookies
The following cookies are set by this website:
|Cookie name||duration||intrusion level||purpose|
|Essential cookies – these cookies are essential for the website to work properly and, strange as it is, so that we can tell if you have agreed to accept cookies.|
|SESS*||session||low||A session cookie is set to tell if you are:
|SERVERID||session||low||Our sites are hosted on a cluster of servers and a cookie is set so that the browser looks at one of the servers for the duration of the visit.|
|pw_consent_seen||session||low||A cookie is set when the consent message has been displayed.|
|pw_consent_session_cookie||session||low||A cookie to indicate if you have consented to cookies being set. Contains either true or false values.|
|low||A cookie to indicate if you want the browser to permanently remember whether they have consented to cookies or not. Contains either true or false values.|
|Other cookies – if you do not say No to cookies, these may also be set.|
|low||Remember me function keeps you logged in but for non-secure areas. You will need to login again to view your user profile or see the admin area if you are an administrator of the website..|
|low||Used for webforms eg to tell if clients have submitted the webform to stop multiple submissions.|
|__utmb||session||low||These are Google Analytics cookies.Google Analytics is used to look at the way people navigate through the site, which pages and links are popular etc to make sure that the site is effective in getting information to the site visitor. Google Analytics will not record any personal information such as your name or login details.For more details, see Cookies and Google Analytics.|
|Admin cookies – used in the Administration area only|
|low||Cookie set for use in the admin area to remember if you want images/documents sorted by name, size, date etc and for resizing images.|
Third party cookies
If this site has code from a Third Party site, the Third Party site may set Third Party cookies on your computer:
- if the page with the code is viewed, eg Google Analytics, YouTube
- if you click the link to the Third Party site eg Facebook, Twitter, Google +1, LinkedIn, Vimeo, AddThis, Asset.tv.
The intrusion level of Third Party cookies vary and you should check their Privacy Policies for more details.
Help Guides on Removing Cookies
The following guides can help you delete cookies stored by your browser: