In this series of snippets we distil our regular Growth Academy half-day workshops down into their essential elements and learning points. A strategic prompt for the Academy members who were there, and a taster of what you missed if you weren’t…
Date: 6 September 2016
Key focus: Boosting Business Performance
- Mindshop Online – new features, tools and solutions
- Key metrics of high performance – the six metrics (Bain research)
- Case study: The story of Under Armour
- Focus on four – Engaged, Effective, Aligned and Adaptable
- Change success: the 8 scenarios, where are you?
Take home points:
- A company operating in the top 20% of their industry across all six metrics was found to be 5 times more likely to be a high business performer (Bain)
- Companies that make better and faster decisions, and execute them consistently, outperform those that don’t
- Use foundation tools for problem solving
- Systematic decision making – root cause or symptom? – using the decision matrix
- Work on strategies that drive change – the importance of adaptability.
Moment of truth!
“Executives spend days or weeks devising well-crafted strategies and then throw them “over the wall” to the rest of the company, hoping and praying that their vision will bear fruit.” – The challenge of strategic alignment. Oracle White Paper